www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Evans <m...@destek.net>
Subject mod_include/382: exec cgi not fully implemented?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 1997 23:00:02 GMT

>Number:         382
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       exec cgi not fully implemented?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The following construct is not properly handled by mod_include.c

 <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/random/random/debug.cnf"-->

Specifically, the program /cgi-bin/random is a perl script which
expects $ENV{PATH_TRANSLATED} to be set to "/some/directory/random/debug.cnf"
which is not occuring. This same behavior was observed in the NCSA
server(s), for which we posted the patch

ftp://www.destek.net/pub/ncsa-ssi.diff

several months ago. This seems to be a general problem in that the
Apache code doesn't appear to permit arguments in a SSI command in the
same fashion as they would be if the URL were requested directly.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.destek.net/Doc/CGI/random/ provides samples of the
problem, though the CGI application has never been made public,
though I bet you can guess what it looks like...
>Fix:
Analyze the referenced diff for the NCSA code and find a mechanism
to handle requests in a similar manner, if this is the same bug..