www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Thomas Erskine <...@crc.doc.ca>
Subject mod_dir/364: SSI doesn't work within HEADER files
Date Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:20:02 GMT

>Number:         364
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       SSI doesn't work within HEADER files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have an icon directory (/httpd/htdocs/icons/), which has within
it a HEADERS.html file.  I'd like the header to say, among other
things, the date the directory last changed, and when the icon-
index changed, so people will know if they're out of sync.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the server to treat the
HEADER.html file as server-parsed, except by adding

AddHandler server-parsed .html

to the .htaccess file, which doesn't seem quite right, though
probably harmless in this specific case.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://clark.dgim.doc.ca/icons/ has the non-functioning
HEADER.html being included.  You can see, in the source, that
the ssi stuff hasn't been parsed, i.e. it's still there.
>Fix:
I'd suggest that the code which looks for HEADER.html or HEADER
be expanded be one extra special-case which looks for HEADER.shtml
and does the right thing with it.  It'd be nice if it also obeyed
the XBitHack option too