www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sebastian Andersson ...@hogia.net>
Subject config/346: ErrorDocument /file problem with virtual domains.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:20:16 GMT

>Number:         346
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       ErrorDocument /file problem with virtual domains.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Defining an ErrorDocument /file.html in the http.conf file makes the virtual hosts
try to find virtual.domain.mil/file.html whenever it should display that error
document instead of real.domain.mil/file.html. Defining with a complete URL works
fine but then the error codes are wrong making search engines whine (or their
maintainer).
>How-To-Repeat:
I can't set up a "permanent" server like this but I can set up one upon request.
http.conf:
ErrorDocument 403 /error_htmls/accessdenied.html
ErrorDocument 404 /error_htmls/notfound.html
and then a virtual domain added to this and access http://virtual.domain.com/notfoundfile
will try to let you visit http://virtual.domain.com/error_htmls/notfound.html.

>Fix:
Maybe change r->server to the real server in die() in http_request.c before it
calls internal_redirect() but that would probably break custom ErrorDocuments
defined in .htaccess files. Otherwice one could add the server in the
conf->response_code_strings so the right server always is known.
A better way might be to add a new method for errordocuments to be specified
so you can specify an absolute filepath.
%0