www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/282: Currerntly netscape proxy loses environment variables after client passes thru proxy (fwd)
Date Tue, 08 Apr 1997 16:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_proxy/282: Currerntly netscape proxy loses environment variables after client
passes thru proxy (fwd)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 10:39:05 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 11:13:33 -0500
 From: TSgt Rebel Thompson <rthomps@mail.aia.af.mil>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
passes thru proxy

 Just for further clarification if the apache web server and proxy server
 are running on the same machine are the access logs contained in the
 proxy, identifiable by the web server?  Things like Username/I.P.
 address/hostname etc...attached to a URL  request from the client to the
 webserver. For example:I would want to check, without making a person
 reenter his login name that only rthomps is updating rthomps'
 information in an internal phonebook.  As I understand with the new
 Netscape proxy server I only have the I.P. address of the requesting
 client, which I should be able to correlate against the proxy accesslog
 to get his username and match that to an additonal database to confirm
 his identity. Can Apache Server (WEB, and PROXY) provide this
 functionality?