www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Gobes <mgo...@ram.nl>
Subject config/328: Using apache proxy for FTP download
Date Tue, 08 Apr 1997 12:00:02 GMT

>Number:         328
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Using apache proxy for FTP download
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We are using apache as proxy server for HTML on our Firewall with no problems.
However using the FTP protocol through the apache server seems imposible.
When I try to download a file from a ftp server via Netscape the ftp file
is displayed in HTML document window. Netscape is configured to use for FTP the
same proxy address (5000) as for HTML.
I tried several configuration options alike Addtype, and modified the
mime.types file buth with no success.
What is neccesary to use apache as FTp proxy server ?