www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nick Breems <nbre...@dordt.edu>
Subject os-sco/324: With SCO Patch OSS449a there are network errors
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 21:40:05 GMT

>Number:         324
>Category:       os-sco
>Synopsis:       With SCO Patch OSS449a there are network errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I DON'T THINK THIS IS APACHE'S PROBLEM.  I'M REPORTING IT TO YOU SO
THAT YOU ARE SIMPLY AWARE OF THE PROBLEM.

When we have the SCO OSS449a patch installed, my straight-compiled version
of Apache 1.2b7 generated a great deal of network errors (as could be
seen by doing a "netstat -m").  Primarily message block failures, as well as
various sizes of packet failures.  Along with these errors, network
connectivity is severly degraded.

As soon as we removed the patch, the problem went away.  (Removing this
patch also resolved a difficulty we were having getting the Informix Standard
Engine to work on this machine).

Once again, particularly because the Informix software was also affected
by this patch, we strongly suspect that the "problem" is with SCO's
patch, but as it definately affects your product, we though we'd let
you know.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install Apache 1.2b7 on a SCO box with the patch installed.
>Fix:
Rollback the patch.  :-%2