www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/322: Refer logging sometimes incorrect.
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 04:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/322; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: John Vinopal <banshee@resort.com>
Subject: Re: mod_log-any/322: Refer logging sometimes incorrect.
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 22:27:45 -0600 (MDT)

 Can you reproduce the problems on demand?  If so, there are a few more
 tests we can do.  If not, can you try adding a log of the User-agent to
 the referrer log so we can see if it is just one client that is doing it.
 If so, it is likely a client error.

 The server will listen to whatever the client says so if the client is
 giving the server incorrect information there isn't anything the server
 can do about it.  It is possible that it is an Apache bug, but I would be
 inclined to mistrust the client first.

 The way you are specifying your referer log looks fine.  You may also want
 to try the (somewhat obsolete) mod_log_referer module to see if it logs
 the same thing.