www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Murphy <d...@ant.co.uk>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR os-linux/195
Date Tue, 25 Mar 1997 01:26:11 GMT
On Sat 22 Mar, dgaudet@hyperreal.com wrote:
> Synopsis: SMP enabled kernel causes httpd fatal crash
>
> State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-closed
> State-Changed-By: dgaudet
> State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 22 15:34:50 PST 1997
> State-Changed-Why:
> This is most likely a linux kernel problem.  My main development
> platform is a dual P133 running linux 2.0.29-ISS4, and I do
> not see these problems.  I suggest you try upgrading the kernel
> to 2.0.27 (which is what redhat 4.1 uses) or 2.0.29.

I've just compiled the latest redhat kernel, 2.0.27 and re-installed Apache
1.2b7.

After some limited testing, httpd appears to be working as it should. I think
you can consider this report now closed.

Thanks a million for the information.

--
Dean Murphy                  ANT Ltd. Cambridge          mailto:dean@ant.co.uk
Tel: (44) 1223 567807       Fax: (44) 1223 567801   http://www.ant.co.uk/~dean