www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andreas Jung <aj...@sz-sb.de>
Subject os-solaris/253: Port 80 stays in BOUND state
Date Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:30:01 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Tue Mar 25 11:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         253
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Port 80 stays in BOUND state
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.2b7
>Environment:
Sun Sparc Solaris 2.4:
SunOS saarland 5.4 Generic_101945-36 sun4m sparc

Gcc2.7.2
Yesterday, we killed our Apache via "kill -TERM". The server normaly
restarts via crontab after some minutes. This failed because Apache
could not bind to Port 80. "netstat -an" showed that this port
was in state BOUND. There were no other httpd processes running and no
zombies. Just a reboot could solve the problem.

Is this an Apache or Solaris problem ?

Andreas Jung
ajung@sz-sb.de