www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Mo <l...@hkusua.hku.hk>
Subject general/252: Frames not updated after pressing RELOAD in my browser - a very serious problem
Date Tue, 25 Mar 1997 07:20:02 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Tue Mar 25 11:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         252
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Frames not updated after pressing RELOAD in my browser - a very serious
problem
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Please load the two URLs attached first.
They're indentical pages.

After I pressed the [link to C], the right frame is updated and
changes from 'B' to 'C'.

*** But when I press the RELOAD button in my browsers, <maggi>'s
    page (using Apache web server) changes to original frames,
    i.e. left frame = A  and  right frame = B

    But it's ok for <erah>'s page (using Netscape Server) which
    load the page with last updated frames,
    i.e. left frame = A  and  right frame = C

This is quite a basic but serious problem.

I've got a commercial web site running on Apache's server which
is going to have frames added.  But I don't want my users to be
forced to go back to the first page and click everything once
again every time they press the RELOAD button.

I'd be most grateful if you could give me a quick response on
this problem so that I can determine about the future of my
web site.

Thank you very much!!

Best regards,
Ferdinand Mo
lsmo@hkusua.hku.hk
http://www.glink.net.hk/~maggi Doesn't work (APACHE server)
http://www.hkstar.com/~erah    Works        (Netscape Communcaitions Server)
>Fix:
not really...  but I think it's quite easy to get it fixed .. right?  :)
thanks again