www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/240: Add tuning directive ListenBacklog
Date Thu, 20 Mar 1997 00:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/240; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Taso Devetzis <devetzis@snet.net>
Subject: Re: config/240: Add tuning directive ListenBacklog
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 16:56:08 -0700 (MST)

 I like the idea.  I have had to tune it myself and thought about making it
 a little more configurable but never got to it.  I think there are some
 issues that need to be clarified WRT virtual servers (it is only possible
 to have a seperate setting for virtual hosts using the Listen directive
 since all others use the same socket) and it needs to be documented well
 (so people don't go crazy modifying it for no reason and just hurt
 themself).  At the very least, it should be a define in httpd.h.

 Nothing will be done about this until after 1.2, since we are in a
 feature freeze.