www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bradley White <b...@lightspeed.net>
Subject os-bsdi/231: child process dump core
Date Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:50:01 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Thu Mar 13 11:00:00 PST 1997

>Number:         231
>Category:       os-bsdi
>Synopsis:       child process dump core
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When configuring Apache for more than 125 virtual hosts that use one single
ip address http1.1 style, the child process start dumping core.  It's
interesting that the parent process does not dump core.  The syptoms of this are
are web pages that should be working, coming up as either connection reset by
peer or document contains no data.  A check of the error_log while this is going
on shows the child process giving out a segment violation.
>How-To-Repeat:
Configure a bsd/os server with 126 or more virtual web servers http1.1 style.
We are unable to test with any other OS at this time.