www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Keith Rautenbach <Keith.rautenb...@isltd.insignia.com>
Subject general/230: set_sub_req_protocol() does not inherit header_only
Date Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:50:01 GMT

>Number:         230
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       set_sub_req_protocol() does not inherit header_only
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    apache (Apache HTTP Project)
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 12 14:50:01 1997
>Originator:     Keith.rautenbach@isltd.insignia.com
>Organization:
apache
>Release:        1.2b7
>Environment:
n/a
>Description:
I noticed (with dbx) that the processing of "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" => "/index.html"
looses the header_only for the sub request. This caused me problems since I
have local changes so that httpd does not demand authentication for HEAD
requests when local_addr == remote_addr (i.e. I want to be able to ask the
server something from a CGI C program about objects inside an authentication
zone.)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Set set_sub_req_protocol() would seem an appropriate place to inherit this.
(dbx) where
=>[1] set_sub_req_protocol(rnew = 0xcfb98, r = 0xcbb78), line 780 in "http_protocol.c"
  [2] sub_req_lookup_uri(new_file = 0xb7ad0 "index.html", r = 0xcbb78), line 617 in "http_request.c"
  [3] handle_dir(r = 0xcbb78), line 806 in "mod_dir.c"
  [4] invoke_handler(r = 0xcbb78), line 328 in "http_config.c"
  [5] process_request_internal(r = 0xcbb78), line 972 in "http_request.c"
  [6] process_request(r = 0xcbb78), line 986 in "http_request.c"
  [7] child_main(child_num_arg = 0), line 1771 in "http_main.c"
  [8] make_child(server_conf = 0xb4898, child_num = 0), line 1824 in "http_main.c"
  [9] standalone_main(argc = 4, argv = 0xeffff564), line 2106 in "http_main.c"
  [10] main(argc = 4, argv = 0xeffff564), line 2227 in "http_main.c"

I changed this and it seems to fix the problem
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



Mime
View raw message