www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Bentley <bentl...@cs.umn.edu>
Subject general/216: SERVER_NAME environment variable not always fully expanded (resolved)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 00:10:00 GMT

>Number:         216
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       SERVER_NAME environment variable not always fully expanded (resolved)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I depend on the SERVER_NAME environment variable in CGI scripts, especially for
determining which domain a request came through on a multi-honed server.  The
problem is it's not always set to the fully qualified host.domainname format.

If you could guarantee that SERVER_NAME is *always* set to the fully qualified
host.domainname, regardless of the host specified in the URL, it would help a lot.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

%0