www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jerry Morrison <je...@placeware.com>
Subject documentation/189:
Date Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:40:02 GMT

>Number:         189
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The doc says this about the info feature (a very helpful feature when setting
and changing configurations):
    This module is contained in the mod_info.c file. It provides a
    comprehensive overview of the current server configuration including all
    installed modules.

But after some time spent dealing with configuration problems, I discovered
that it doesn't actually show the current server configuration. It seems instead
to read the config files and show how they would configure the server!
>How-To-Repeat:
Change something in the *.conf files, don't restart the server (yet), then
ask the server for info.
>Fix:
Either add a bold note to the docs or make the software report the server info
as currently configured