www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Lueck <m...@guardian.co.uk>
Subject config/141: When run with -f <conf> flag, runs MUCH quicker than with compiled in conf location
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 02:10:03 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Fri Jan 31 11:00:02 PST 1997

>Number:         141
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       When run with -f <conf> flag, runs MUCH quicker than with compiled
in conf location
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When httpd 1.1.3 is run fromthe command line with in the format
"httpd -f /www/conf/httpd.conf" (my config location), page accesses are
4-5 times faster than when run from my rc script, which simply calls it as
compiled, which also uses /www//conf/httpd.conf.  The actual speed of transfer
seems to be fine, it is the delay between the GET request and the data flow
commencing where the problem occurs.
>How-To-Repeat:
I unfortunately have defaulted to using the command line start method
at the moment, but I would be happy to work through this situation on
request.
>Fix:
Well, the command line method is ugly, but it works.  I feel that there should be a better
way of going about this