www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steve Kennedy <st...@gbnet.net>
Subject config/138: system runs out of mbufs after Apache has been running for a while (2 days)
Date Thu, 30 Jan 1997 02:10:02 GMT

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Thu Jan 30 11:00:02 PST 1997

>Number:         138
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       system runs out of mbufs after Apache has been running for a while (2
days)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
The system will eventually crash as no more mbufs are available. I presume this
is something to do with the SO_LINGER/FIN_WAIT problem.

I have reverted to Apache 1.1.3, which runs fine. I have not attempted v1.2.b6
though it compiles fine.

Most modules installed, except msql and extra authorisation types.
>How-To-Repeat:
run latest Apache on SunOS 4.1.4 configuration described above.
>Fix:
not use linger code %3