www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Oystein Homelien <oyst...@homelien.no>
Subject other/133: mod_rewrite rules not working properly, no mention in docs
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 06:50:01 GMT

>Number:         133
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       mod_rewrite rules not working properly, no mention in docs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Compiled 1.2b6 configured the same as my old 1.2b4 server.  1.2b4
server working OK with mod_rewrite, 1.2b6 as a drop-in replacement
(same configuration) gives errors on most of not all URLs that
are being rewritten.  Same regexp "setup".
Usually, requests to http://www.site.com/~user/ should be rewritten
(redirected) to http://home.site.com/user/ but it now gets redirected
to http://home.site.com/http/.
>Fix:
No.  I am going to look further into it but it is at least a clear
(for me) incompatibility with previous 1.2b releases