www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 28 December 2018
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2018 14:57:34 GMT
[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/JxL0 ]

It's the last Round-up of the year --the past 12 months have been tremendous. Thank you to
all who have contributed to our collective success. Here's to a great 2019!

Let's review what took place over the past week:

Support Apache –help offset our day-to-day operating expenses.
 - We appreciate everyone who supported The ASF with a tax-deductible donation. Please make
a year-end gift today: show your ongoing support and help keep Apache software for everyone.
Every dollar counts! http://donate.apache.org

ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance
with the Foundation's bylaws.
 - Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
 - CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
 - Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
 - 7M+ weekly checks yield polished performance at 98.64% uptime. http://status.apache.org/

Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 247 Apache contributors changed 519,494 lines of code over
1,358 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Konstantin V Shvachko,
Michael Osipov, Philippe Mouawad, and Thomas Andraschko.

Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing,
always-available, and accurate Big Data streaming applications.
 - Apache Flink 1.5.6, 1.6.3, and 1.7.1 released https://flink.apache.org/

Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
 - Apache Groovy 2.5.5 released https://groovy.apache.org/

Apache Qpid™ –the latest release of the newer JMS client supporting the Advanced Message
Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464), based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol
engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
 - Apache Qpid JMS 0.40.0 released http://qpid.apache.org

Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content
from various documents using existing parser libraries.
 - Apache Tika 1.20 released https://tika.apache.org/
 - [CVE-2018-17197] Apache Tika Denial of Service -- Infinite Loop in Tika's SQLite3Parser
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201812.mbox/%3CCAC1dCwWhYmbkxAvFKgGSFd_ffp5EeCimB2gBXTo%2B9-F7v6TSNQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Did You Know?

 - Did you know that Apache NetBeans (incubating) 10.0 is out? https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb100/nb100.html

 - Did you know that LeaseWeb uses Apache CloudStack as part of its private Cloud offering?
http://cloudstack.apache.org/

 - Did you know that once again, Apache Community Development (ComDev) will be helming the
ASF booth, and dozens of Apache projects will be having a presence at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels?
https://fosdem.org/2019/

Apache Community Notices:

 - ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq

 - ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport

 - The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3

 - Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA

 - "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache

 - Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn
at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation

 - Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and
Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity

 - The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html

 - The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona
and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/

 - Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17
October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/

 - CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019 http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
 - CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/

 - Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019 http://apachecon.com/

 - Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities
open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/

 - Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #