The Apache ODE team is pleased to announce the release of Apache ODE
1.3.8. It includes 10 bug fixes and improvements.
Apache ODE is a WS-BPEL 1.1/2.0 compliant web services orchestration
engine. It organizes web services calls following a process
description written in the BPEL XML grammar. Another way to describe
it would be a web-service capable workflow engine.
Highlights of this release:
- Minimum binary compatibility to JDK 8
- Upgraded to JPA 2 from JPA 1 [Hibernate 4.3.11 and OpenJPA 2.4.2]
- Upgraded to Axis2 1.7.6
- Upgraded to TOMEE 7.0.4
- Upgraded to TOMCAT 8.5.28
In addition to these new features, Apache ODE provides the following
* Side-by-side support for both the WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the
legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
* Supports communication layers: Based on Axis2 (Web Services
* High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core
with virtually any communication layer.
* Hot-deployment of your processes.
* Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and
validation at the command line or at deployment.
* Management interface for processes, instances and messages.
* Process execution based on a high-performance virtual machine.
See the release notes for a full list of improvements and bug fixes:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310270&version=12332764
For more information, check the Apache ODE website:http://ode.apache.org/getting-ode.html
Apache ODE is an open source project released under a business-friendly
license (Apache License v2.0), as such we welcome all your help and
contributions. To participate and get involved, our mailing lists are
the best resources to start from: http://ode.apache.org/mailing-lists.html