Hi Everyone,

Qpid Proton 0.7 is now officially available. You can find it here:

  - http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.7/index.html

In addition to numerous bug fixes, there are several new features worth mentioning.

== The Event API ==

One of the consistent pieces of feedback from people using the engine API is that it is cumbersome and error prone to determine what high level state changes have occurred in the wake of I/O. The event API aims to address this by providing a significantly more robust interface for handling protocol state changes. It is new in 0.7 and will hopefully improve and evolve with feedback.

== Selectable Messenger ==

The messenger API includes a new selectables API that can be used to integrate it into external I/O loops.

== Documentation ==

Last but not least, the 0.7 release comes with significantly improved documentation. There's still a long way to go on this front, but the C API is now (almost) entirely documented, and much of that documentation is at least somewhat applicable to the non C APIs. You can check out the improved documentation here:

  - http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.7/protocol-engine/c/api/modules.html

--Rafael