www-announce mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenWebBeans-1.2.2
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:08:08 GMT
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team is proud to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.2

Apache OpenWebBeans is an Apache License v2 licensed implementation of the JSR-299 "Context
and Dependency Injection for Java EE" and JSR-330 "atinject" specifications. OpenWebBeans
has a modular structure and provides Dependency Injection scaling from Java SE environments
up to EE6 server clusters with complicated ClassLoader hierarchies or OSGi environments.

This version still targets the CDI-1.0 specification [1] but we internally refactored a lot
of things.
The most important change in OWB-1.2.x is that we did split up the NormalScoping proxy from
the Interceptor/Decorator proxy and now create the proxy bytecode 100% ourselves using ASM.
10 Million normalscope proxy invocations now take about 30 ms thus they don't have much performance
impact anymore.

The following bugs improvements have been fixed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310844&version=12325007

Openwebbeans-1.2.2 implements the CDI-1.0 API, and passes the JSR-330 TCK and the JSR-299
standalone TCK.

OpenWebBeans is being used in Apache TomEE, Apache Geronimo and a few commercial Java EE servers
where the full CDI TCK test suite (including EE parts) is being executed.

Distribution packages can be downloaded from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.2.2/

The release is also available via maven
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

Please also visit our homepage