www-announce mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenWebBeans-1.2.0 has been released
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 15:58:50 GMT
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team is proud to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.0

This version still targets the CDI-1.0 specification [1] but we internally refactored a lot
of things.
The most important change is that we did split up the NormalScoping proxy from the Interceptor/Decorator
proxy and now create the proxy bytecode 100% ourselves using ASM. 10 Million normalscope proxy
invocations now take about 30 ms thus they don't have much performance impact anymore. More
details are outlined in our previous blog post [2]. Internally we already picked up lots of
clarifications and fixes from the CDI-1.1 specification which we will fully target in a owb-2.0.0
release in the close future.

The following bugs improvements have been fixed:

Apache OpenWebBeans is an Apache License v2 licensed implementation of the JSR-299 "Context
and Dependency Injection for Java EE" and JSR-330 "atinject" specifications. OpenWebBeans
has a modular structure and provides Dependency Injection scaling from Java SE environments
up to EE6 server clusters with complicated ClassLoader hierarchies or OSGi environments.

Openwebbeans-1.2.0 implements the CDI-1.0 API, and passes the JSR-330 TCK and the JSR-299
standalone TCK.

OpenWebBeans is being used in Apache TomEE, Apache Geronimo and a few other EE servers where
the full CDI TCK test suite (including EE parts) is being executed.

Distribution packages can be downloaded from

The release is also available via maven

Please also visit our homepage

The Apache OpenWebBeans Team

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/proposalDetails?id=299