Apache CouchDB 1.3.0 has been released and is available for download.
Grab your copy here:
Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.
This release comes with a CouchDB manual, hosted directly out of Futon. A PDF version of the manual is also distributed.
This is a feature release.
These release notes are based on the CHANGES file.
* No longer rewrites the X-CouchDB-Requested-Path during recursive calls to the rewriter.
* Limit recursion depth in the URL rewriter.
Defaults to a maximum of 100 invocations but is configurable.
* Fix _session for IE7.
* Added Server-Sent Events protocol to db changes API.
* Make password hashing synchronous when using the /_config/admins API.
* Include user name in show/list ETags.
* Experimental support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
* The replicator will use a new server-wide UUID in checkpoint IDs to improve the chances of an efficient resume.
* Fixed unnecessary conflict when deleting and creating a document in the same batch.
* Additional response headers may be varied prior to send().
* GetRow() is now side-effect free.
* Disabled the link to the Futon test suite.
These tests were causing problems when run from a browser, and are now available via the CLI instead.
* Added view request duration to Futon.
* Disable buttons for actions that the user doesn't have permissions to.
* Passwords are now hashed using the PBKDF2 algorithm with a configurable work factor.
* Moved the JS test suite to the CLI.
* Improved tracebacks printed by the JS CLI tests.
* Improved the reliability of a number of tests.
* Added the utc_id algorithm.
URL Rewriter & Vhosts
* Database name is encoded during rewriting (allowing embedded /'s, etc).
* Reset rewrite counter on new request, avoiding unnecessary request failures due to bogus rewrite limit reports.
* C/C++ compiler detection has been improved.
* Autoconf v2.63 is now required if building from Git checkout directly.
See DEVELOPERS file for more details.
* Fixed issue in couchdb script where stopped status returns before process exits.
On behalf of the CouchDB PMC,