The Apache MINA project is pleased to announce MINA 2.0.5 ! This
version is a bug fix release.

Apache MINA is a network application framework which helps users
develop high performance and high scalability network applications
easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over
various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.

The Apache MINA project website includes resources such as
introductory presentation slides, tutorials, and examples to help you
learn MINA as soon as possible.

This version fixes a few errors found since we released 2.0.4

Download :

Quick links :
* Homepage -
* FAQ -
* Testimonials -
* Documentation -
* Performance -

We recommend all users to upgrade to this release. We consider this a
stable and production ready release.

Release notes :

   * DIRMINA-772 - First sent message is not garbage collected per session
   * DIRMINA-817 - Packaging is buggy
   * DIRMINA-829 - AbstractIoBuffer.getSlice(int index, int length) has
incorrect behavior
   * DIRMINA-835 - IoHandler's sessionCreated and sessionOpened method
can receive notifications when MINA's internal socket connection built
   * DIRMINA-840 - Logic Error in ByteArrayPool implementation
   * DIRMINA-842 - Crash on Android
   * DIRMINA-846 - AprSocketAcceptor doesn't work and throws
IOExceptions many times.
   * DIRMINA-871 - DefaultIoSessionAttributeMap returns the defaultValue
parameter if no entry is found for the specified key, but does not add
that new key/value pair to the map as specified in the javadocs.
   * DIRMINA-880 - Implementation of SslFilter#isCloseNotify() is incorrect
   * DIRMINA-886 - isBrokenConnection
   * DIRMINA-887 - mutil bind localAddress
   * DIRMINA-894 - Broken Pipe infinite loop
   * DIRMINA-897 - atomicity violation bugs because of misusing
concurrent collections
   * DIRMINA-898 - A wakeup() is issued in a thread before the target
select() is executed.
   * DIRMINA-900 - One MINA 2.0.4 test is failing when run with a 1.7 jdk

   * DIRMINA-645 - SslFilter should start initiating handshake from
sesionCreated() rather than from onPostAdd()
   * DIRMINA-847 - Entry and Exit action support for Mina state machine
   * DIRMINA-867 - Needs meaningful error message when
AbstractIoSession.write called with null
   * DIRMINA-888 - Add the ability to get the write queue size like:

   * DIRMINA-681 - Strange CPU peak occuring at fixed interval when
several thousand connections active

The Apache MINA PMC

Emmanuel Lécharny