www-announce mailing list archives

From hadr...@apache.org
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 2.9.0 Released
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 02:03:07 GMT
The Apache Camel project [1] is a powerful open source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns [2].

We didn't want to close 2011 without one more release, the awaited camel-2.9.0. After a few
last minute fixes we are glad to announce that Apache Camel 2.9.0 was officially released
yesterday, hours before many champagne bottles were opened. The 2.9.0 release comes with another
record 497 issues resolved, but this is not surprising as the community continues to grow
and we lengthened the release cycle for minor releases.

The artifacts are now available in the Maven Central Repository and the official distribution
is available for download [3] from the Apache site and its mirrors. The new features, improvements
and fixes are too many to mention here, so please check the release notes [4] for details.

Many thanks to all the contributors. We wish you a happy and prosperous 2012!
Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/
[2] http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
[4] http://camel.apache.org/download.html