www-announce mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M4 has been released !
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 12:58:44 GMT
The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M4 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced
LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also OSGi capable.

This is the second official milestone, we will release few more
milestone versions before a release candidate,  but the current version
has already been validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache
Directory Server. Its documentation is currently under construction.

In this milestone, we have fixed many issues, changed the API to
allow methods chaining for a more convenient user experience, improved
the Exception handling.

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/api/
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

--