www-announce mailing list archives

From "Robbie Gemmell" <rob...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Qpid 0.10 released
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 23:29:24 GMT
The Apache Qpid community is pleased to announce the immediate availability
of Apache Qpid 0.10.

Apache Qpid (http://qpid.apache.org) is a cross-platform enterprise
messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol
(AMQP, http://www.amqp.org). It provides brokers written in C++ and Java,
along with clients for C++, Java JMS, .Net, Python, and Ruby.

Qpid 0.10 is available from our website:

 http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi

The 0.10 release has undergone a lot of bug fixing and feature enhancement.
We recommend that all users upgrade.  A few changes of note:

 - The C++ broker now supports priority-ordered message queuing
 - The C++ broker and client now implement producer flow control
 - The Java JMS client is now available via Maven

A comprehensive list of features, improvements, and bugs resolved in the
0.10 release is available here:

 http://qpid.apache.org/release_notes_0.10.html