www-announce mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache MINA 2.0.3 released
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:03:40 GMT
  The Apache MINA project team is proud to announce the release
of Apache MINA version 2.0.3.

Apache MINA is a network application framework which helps users
develop high performance and high scalability network applications
easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over
various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.

The Apache MINA project website includes resources such as
introductory presentation slides, tutorials, and examples to help you
learn MINA as soon as possible.

This version fixes a few errors found since we released 2.0.3

Download :
==========
* http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html

Quick links:
============
* Homepage - http://mina.apache.org/
* FAQ - http://mina.apache.org/faq.html
* Testimonials - http://mina.apache.org/testimonials.html
* Documentation - http://mina.apache.org/documentation.html
* Performance - http://mina.apache.org/performance-test-reports.html

The Apache MINA project team is always open for your feedback.  Please
let us know what you think about MINA via our mailing list and support
forum: http://mina.apache.org/contact.html

Thank you !

Release Notes - MINA - Version 2.0.3
--------------------------------

Bug

    * [DIRMINA-627 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-627>]
      - ByteBuffer.getObject() doesn't support Class objects for
      non-serializable classes
    * [DIRMINA-678 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-678>]
      - NioProcessor 100% CPU usage on Linux (epoll selector bug)
    * [DIRMINA-809 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-809>]
      - Bundle-SymbolicName missing in MANIFEST.MF for some modules
    * [DIRMINA-811 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-811>]
      - Exceptions in MessageDecoder.decode() cause problems for
      subsequent decode operations.
    * [DIRMINA-814 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-814>]
      - Slow Receivers(servers) cannot read data already written by
      client applications after connection close is initiated by client
    * [DIRMINA-815 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-815>]
      - CumulativeProtocolDecoder.decode(...) does not find previous buffer
    * [DIRMINA-819 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-819>]
      - Synchronous behavior while adding and removing connections
    * [DIRMINA-820 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-820>]
      - ReferenceCountingFilter didn't work well

Improvement

    * [DIRMINA-799 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-799>]
      - We should not export the distribution files to Maven repo
    * [DIRMINA-823 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-823>]
      - Add IoBuffer.putUnsigned* methods to balance the getUnsigned*
      methods for completeness

New Feature

    * [DIRMINA-816 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-816>]
      - NioSocketConnector missing defaultLocalAddress

Wish

    * [DIRMINA-788 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-788>]
      - RequestResponseFilter - Javadoc and Examples

The Apache MINA PMC.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,