www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The ASF Welcomes Facebook as its Newest Sponsor
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:03:28 GMT
The following was posted on the Foundation Blog http://blogs.apache.org/ by ASF Chairman Jim

The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) is excited to welcome Facebook as the newest addition
to our roster of sponsors.

Sponsoring the ASF helps us grow existing projects, incubate new initiatives, promote community
development, host user events, expand our outreach, and provide the infrastructure that keeps
the Foundation running on a day-to-day basis. We are grateful for the generous support of
Facebook as Gold Sponsors.

With Open Source in its DNA, Facebook is an enthusiastic champion and active contributor to
the ASF, including the Hive subproject of Apache Hadoop, as well as the popular incubating
projects Thrift and Cassandra – all originally developed at Facebook.

Facebook joins ASF Platinum Sponsors Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo!; Gold Sponsor Hewlett-Packard;
Silver Sponsors Progress Software and Springsource/VMWare; and Bronze Sponsors BlueNog, Intuit,
Joost, and Matt Mullenweg.

View raw message