www-announce mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1 Released
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:38:23 GMT
The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1-alpha1.

This is the first public release from the 4.1 branch of HttpCore. This
release adds a number of new features, most notable being introduction
of compatibility mode with IBM JREs and other JREs with naive (broken)
implementation of SelectionKey API.

Please note that new classes and methods added in this release are still
considered API unable and may change in the future releases.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core -
HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be
used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal
footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on
the classic Java I/O and non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on
Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate for data
intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be
more appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is
less important than the ability to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP
connections in a resource efficient manner.