www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon US 2009: Early-bird registration + Travel assistance details and dates!
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 01:23:32 GMT

Two announcements regarding the upcoming ApacheCon US 2009:

1) Early-bird registration ends 14 August. Sign up today!

Join us at ApacheCon US 2009, the ASF's official user conference and expo, 2-6 November in
Oakland, California. This year’s show is anticipated be the largest gathering of the global
Apache community, bringing together Foundation members, code contributors, users, developers,
system administrators, business managers, service providers, and vendors for a week of training
classes, seminars, sharing and hacking. In celebration of the ASF's milestone 10th Anniversary,
this year's ApacheCon features the largest program to date, including special content tracks,
MeetUps, GetTogethers, and a number of free events that are open to the public, such as the
Hackathon and 2-day BarCampApache, in appreciation of their support over the past decade.
We're excited to return to the San Francisco Bay Area, where we held our first ApacheCon,
and hope that you will help us celebrate the ASF's success! For details on ApacheCon, including
registration and sponsorship
 information, visit http://www.us.apachecon.com/

2) Applications for Travel Assistance for ApacheCon US 2009 Now Open!

The ASF Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) has opened applications to assist those seeking
to attend ApacheCon US 2009, but are unable to do so for financial reasons. Assistance is
open to all people involved in Open Source projects; financial support is available for flights,
accommodation, subsistence and Conference fees, either in full or in part, depending on circumstances.

There are limited places available, and all applications will be scored on their individual
merit. Hurry -- the application period is 27 July-17 August 2009: be sure to complete the
application form at http://www.apache.org/travel/ today!

(Applicants will be informed of their status within two weeks of application closing date.)

# # #