www-announce mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.5 Beta 6 Released
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 06:09:17 GMT
  The POI team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache POI 3.5 beta6, our latest
beta including OOXML (Office
  Open XML) support.

  Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
  writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and
  Word. With POI 3.5, it supports the new OOXML (Office Open XML) formats
  introduced in Office 2007. See http://poi.apache.org/ for more details

  The status of this release is a beta, meaning that we encourage users to
  try it out. If you find any bugs, please report them to the POI bug database or to the
  poi-dev mailing list.

  A full list of changes is available in the change log:
  http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

  The source and binaries can be downloaded from your local mirror:
  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/

  The release is also available from the central Maven repository under
  Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version "3.5-beta6".

  For the Apache POI Team
  Yegor Kozlov