www-announce mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0.1 (GA) Released
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:43:57 GMT
The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0.1.

This is a patch release addressing a number of issues discovered since
the 4.0 release. Users of NIO module are advised to upgrade.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core -
HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be
used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal
footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on
the classic Java I/O and non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on
Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate for data
intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be
more appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is
less important than the ability to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP
connections in a resource efficient manner.