www-announce mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Buildr 1.3.4 Released
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:22:34 GMT
Apache Buildr is a build system for Java-based applications, including
support for Scala, Groovy and a growing number of JVM languages and
tools.  Buildr is a domain-specific language and set of extensions to
Rake (the Ruby make tool) combining concepts from Maven2
(such as projects, artifacts, repositories and default layout), existing Ant
tasks and the native scripting abilities of Ruby.

What's New in Buildr 1.3.4?

* We graduated from the Apache Incubator! This is our first release as
  a top-level Apache project: http://buildr.apache.org. New site, new
  mailing lists, SVN, Git, etc.
* Support for Git version control system
* Improved all-around Scala support, including joint Java-Scala
  compilation and upgraded to Scala 2.7.3 dependencies:
  ScalaSpecs 1.4.3, ScalaCheck 1.5 and ScalaTest 0.9.5
* New ‘artifacts:sources’ task to download source code for artifact jars
* Source code attachments for external dependencies in Eclipse and IDEA projects
* Dependency upgrades such as Rake 0.8.4, Net-SSH 2.0.11, RSpec 1.2.2,
  JRuby 1.1.6.
* Documentation now uses Jekyll to generate web site and PDF document.
  This replaces Docter so less code to maintain and the same
  Textile/Liquid mechanism as when using Github pages.
* And 20 or so bug fixes.

See the CHANGELOG for full details.
http://buildr.apache.org/CHANGELOG

And visit our website to learn more about Buildr
http://buildr.apache.org