www-announce mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-beta3 released
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:42:54 GMT
´╗┐The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release
of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-beta3. This is a maintenance release, which
addresses a number of issues discovered since the previous release.

The only significant new feature is an addition of an OSGi compliant
bundle combining HttpCore and HttpCore NIO jars.

Download -
http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Release notes -
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

HttpComponents site -
http://hc.apache.org/

About HttpComponents Core -
The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
threads.