The Apache Tuscany team are pleased to announce the 1.1.1 release of the Java SDO project.
Service Data Objects(SDO) provide a programming model that simplifies data handling in an SOA environment. Advantages of SDO are:
* Uniform access to data from heterogeneous sources which could be XML, RDB, POJO, SOAP, etc.
* SDO provides both a static (or strongly typed) programming model and a dynamic (or loosely typed) programming model. This provides a simple programming model without sacrificing the dynamic model needed by tools and frameworks.
* Provides Meta-data for easy introspection of data types
* Supports a disconnected model, whereby data can be retrieved from a data source via Data Access Service. The data can be modified by a client with change tracking, and applied back to the data source.
* SDO programming model is language neutral
This 1.1.1 release is a maintenance release over the 1.1 release, see the
RELEASE_NOTES , and to download the distributions please go to:
Apache Tuscany welcomes your help. Any contribution, including code,
testing, contributions to the documentation, or bug reporting is
always appreciated. For more information on how to get involved in
Apache Tuscany visit the website at:
Thank you for your interest in Apache Tuscany!
The Apache Tuscany Team.