www-announce mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <mr...@apache.org>
Subject Apache ODE 1.2 Release
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:54:57 GMT
The Apache ODE community is proud to announce its latest 1.2 release that
includes many new features, improvements and bug fixes. Apache ODE is a
WS-BPEL compliant web services orchestration engine. It organizes web
services calls following a process description written in the BPEL XML
grammar. Another way to describe it would be a web-service capable workflow
engine.

Highlights of this release:

  * External variables: variables used in a process are not opaque to the
outside world anymore. You can map them to a simple database table and
manipulate them directly.
  * Support for the WSDL HTTP binding. We've also added a few extensions,
allowing the invocation of REST-style web services.
  * Advanced endpoint configuration which, thanks to the integration with
Apache Axis2, enables WS-Security and WS-RM support.
  * A long list of small fixes and improvements for best-of-breed stability,
performance and usability.

In addition to these new features, Apache ODE provides the following
functionalities:

  * Side-by-side support for both the WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the
legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
  * Supports 2 communication layers: one based on Axis2 (Web Services http
transport) and another one based on the JBI standard (using ServiceMix).
  * High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core with
virtually any communication layer.
  * Hot-deployment of your processes.
  * Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and validation
at the command line or at deployment.
  * Management interface for processes, instances and messages.

For more information, check the Apache ODE website: http://ode.apache.org/.

Apache ODE is an open source project released under a business-friendly
license (Apache License v2.0), as such we welcome all your help and
contributions. To participate and get involved, our mailing lists are the
best resources to start from: http://ode.apache.org/mailing-lists.html