www-announce mailing list archives

From "Frank Bille" <frankbi...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.4 Milestone 2 is released
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:42:14 GMT
Help the Apache Wicket team to determine the future of your Wicket based web
application development. We have released our second milestone release of
our Java 5 based web framework and are anxious to receive feedback on our
use of generics. Download Wicket 1.4-m2 now and help us decide whether to
tone down, remove or increase the application of Java 5 generics to our API.
We have started the discussion on the user mailing list:

http://www.nabble.com/users%2C-please-give-us-your-opinion%3A-what-is-your-take-on-generics-with-Wicket-td17589984.html

Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read
further:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4-m2

We thank you for your patience and support.

The Wicket Team

=== Apache Wicket ===

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework. With
proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of
XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful,
reusable components written with plain Java and HTML.

You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:

http://wicket.apache.org

=== This release ===

The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of the first
milestone release of our first java 1.5 Wicket version: Apache Wicket
1.4-m2. This is the first release with java 1.5 as a minimum. Not everything
has been converted to java 1.5 yet but we are getting there.

=== Migrating from 1.3 ===

If you are coming from Wicket 1.3, you really want to read our migration
guide, found on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-14.html

=== Downloading the release ===

You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you
can find it through the following link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4-m2/

For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the following,
and everything will be downloaded automatically:

   <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
       <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
       <version>1.4-m2</version>
   </dependency>

Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other
projects.

Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You
need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here:
http://slf4j.org

=== Validating the release ===

The release has been signed by Frank Bille, your release manager for today.
The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area. Download
the KEYS file only from the Apache website.

http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.4-m2/KEYS

Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#check-integrity

=== Reporting bugs ===

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

=== The distribution ===

In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions
on how to build from source yourself. You also find a CHANEGELOG-1.4 which
contains a list of all things that have been fixed, added and/or removed
since the first release in the 1.4 branch.