www-announce mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <mhe...@apache.org>
Subject Apache MINA 2.0.0-M1 released
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:11:41 GMT
The Apache MINA project is pleased to announce the release of MINA 2.0.0-M1.

Apache MINA is a network application framework which helps users develop
high performance and high scalability network applications easily. It
provides an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over various
transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP via Java NIO.

The latest release is now available here:

http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html

This release has too many changes and fixed to enumerate in their
entirety.  Some of the key improvements include:

- Simplified and more consistent API
- Ability to share I/O processor threads between multiple servers and/or
clients
- Improved support for streaming files
- Improved String and JMX integration
- Improved logging support
- Framework for simplifying state machine creation and maintenance
- Support for synchronous clients
- OSGi integration

This is a milestone release and is not yet considered suitable for
production use.  The intent of this release is to showcase the new
modified API and other improvements in MINA.  We hope that developers
will start to use this release and provide feedback.

Thanks,

Apache MINA PMC