www-announce mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Mahout Machine Learning Project Launches
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:25:24 GMT
(Apologies for cross-posting)

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the creation of the Mahout
Machine Learning project, located at http://lucene.apache.org/mahout.
Mahout's goal is to create a suite of practical, scalable machine
learning libraries.  Our initial plan is to utilize Hadoop (http://hadoop.apache.org
) to implement a variety of algorithms including naive bayes, neural
networks, support vector machines and k-Means, among others.  While
our initial focus is on these algorithms, we welcome other machine
learning ideas as well.

Naturally, we are looking for volunteers to help grow the community
and make the project successful.  So, if machine learning is your
thing, come on over and lend a hand!

Cheers,
Grant Ingersoll

http://lucene.apache.org/mahout