www-announce mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Two Invitations from The Apache Software Foundation
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:06:29 GMT
ASF Users and Developers, you are invited;

We have two world class open source conferences coming up in November!

FIRST: ApacheCon US 2007 in Atlanta Georgia November 12 through 16.
Over 70 presentations, 21 full or half day Pre-Conference Trainings,
BOFs and great special events.

Keynotes by:
Doc Searls will open the conference with "Web 3.0 = The Live Web".

Ora Lassila presents "The Semantic Web, Why the Open-Source Community
Should Care, and Other Thoughts..."

Jim Gettys with "Back to the Future and One Laptop Per Child"

We still have great rates at the Westin Peachtree Plaza -- Register Now!

http://www.us.apachecon.com/

SECOND: The Apache Software Foundation and Eclipse Foundation are joining
together for the first time at OSSummit ASIA 2007 - November 26
through 30 at the Cyberport in Hong Kong

OSSummit combines 2 days of in-depth hands on trainings followed by a
3 day conference featuring over 60 presentations, Birds of a Feather
gatherings to interact throughout each day, interactive keynote
panel, and Li Gong Chairman and CEO of Mozilla Online Ltd presenting
the featured keynote.

You still have time to register at the Super Early Bird rate if you
act before 12 October, 2007.

Or take advantage of the Special Package Discount and stay at the
beautiful Le Meridien at Cyberport – the ultimate geek venue where
art and technology merge.

Lunch provided each day.

Go to http://www.ossummit.com

As a active member of the open source community we would appreciate it
if you would get the word out to your organization, your user groups
and other developers and power users with interest in developing the
open source community in China and all around the world!

Spread the news; each site has buttons and banners under 'Sponsors',
just click on CONFERENCE RESOURCES.