www-announce mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache MINA 1.0.2 Released: A Network Application Framework
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:20:21 GMT
The Apache MINA project team is proud to announce the release of Apache
MINA, a Java network application framework, version 1.0.2.

Apache MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications) is a
network application framework which helps users develop network applications
easily by providing abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers. The Apache
MINA project website (mina.apache.org) <http://mina.apache.org/> includes
resources such as introductory presentation slides and examples to help you
learn MINA as soon as possible.

Feature List:

   - Unified API for various transport types:
      - TCP/IP
      - UDP/IP
      - In-VM pipe communication
      - You can implement your own!
   - Low-level and high-level API:
      - Low-level: uses ByteBuffers
      - High-level: uses user-defined message objects and codecs
   - Stream-based I/O support via StreamIoHandler
   - Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
      - SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
      - Thread pools are implemented as filters so that users can
      customize thread model.
   - Unit testability using mock objects
   - JMX managability
   - Traffic throttling
   - Overload shielding
   - Integration with well known containers such as PicoContainer and
   - Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework.

Changes since 1.0.1 (please refer here <http://tinyurl.com/2lxt4g> for
detailed information.)

   - Better memory utilization
   - More than 10 bug fixes

The Apache MINA project team is always open for your feedback.  Please let
us know what you think about MINA via our mailing

Thank you,
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

View raw message