www-announce mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache MINA 0.9.3: A Network Application Framework
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:17:23 GMT
The Apache Directory project team is proud to announce the release of MINA,
a network application framework, version 0.9.3.

Apache MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications) is a
network application framework which helps users develop network applications
easily by providing abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers. The
MINA project website
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/>includes resources
such as an introductory presentation (PPT
(with animations)
<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.ppt>or PDF
(without animations)<http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.pdf>)
and an implementation demo
Additionally, 6
provided to help you learn
MINA even under serious time constraint.

Feature List:

   - Abstract API which supports various transport types (TCP and UDP)
   - Very easy to learn
   - Unit test friendly
   - In-VM pipe communication
   - Extensible ByteBuffer pooling mechanism
   - Various thread model
   - Support for SSL/TLS including StartTLS
   - Support for stream compression using JZLib
   - Support for both text-based and binary protocols
   - Support for stream-based I/O
   - Integration with Spring framework

Changes since 0.9.2:

   - Stream compression filter using JZLib
   - Much easier way to specify a thread model
   - Support for ByteBuffer.duplicate(), slice(), and asReadOnlyBuffer()
   - Several bug fixes

The Apache Directory project team is always open for your feedback. Please
let us know what you think about MINA.

PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

View raw message