www-announce mailing list archives

From Susantha Kumara <susan...@apache.org>
Subject ANNOUNCE: Release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:20:29 GMT
We are proud to announce the release of Apache Axis C++ v1.0 (Alpha).
This implementation of a C++ SOAP engine provides a stable platform
for developing Web services using C/C++ as well as a client side
library for developing C/C++ client applications. This release
includes the following features:

    - SOAP engine with both client and server support
    - Partial support for both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2
    - WSDD based deployment with dynamic deployment tools.
    - Support for all basic types, complex types and arrays
    - WSDL2WS tool for building C/C++ components from WSDL
        Server side - Skeletons and Wrappers
        Client side - Stubs
    - WSDL2WS tool generated wrappers act as RPC Providers and they
        Method invocation
    - WSDLs hosted statistically in the server.
    - Standalone SOAP server (HTTP)
    - Web server modules for Apache HTTPD 1.3 (Linux/Windows)
    - Web interface to the deployed services and their WSDLs.
    - Sample web services and client applications.
    - Supportive documentation for developers and users.

Both binary and source are available at Apache mirror sites:

We invite all interested Web services developers and users to
evaluate Axis C++ and give us feedback and help improve Axis C++
to be the best C/C++ SOAP engine.

Please direct user questions to axis-user@ws.apache.org and any
bug reports, patches, suggestions for improvement etc. to

The Axis C++ Development Team.

View raw message