www-announce mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org
Subject Websh 3.5 Released
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:23:15 GMT

		Apache Tcl Project Announces Websh 3.5.0

For immediate release:

http://tcl.apache.org/ August 2002.  The Apache Software Foundation's
Tcl group and Netcetera AG are proud to announce the transfer of the
Websh technology to the Apache Software Foundation, and the release of
version 3.5.0.

Websh is a mature, robust, and very full-featured application
programming framework.  Websh is versatile and handles everything from
HTML generation to data-base driven one-to-one page customization.
Netcetera AG has been using it for years for many of their customer
projects, which typically are E-commerce shops or electronic banking
applications. Websh is extensible and portable, and its comprehensive
set of commands is quickly learned.

Version 3.5.0 maintains the same high standards of quality, and is
primarily a refinement on the proven base which has been very
successful to date.  The main changes from earlier version include a
production release of Websh's Apache module mod_websh, and some
streamlining of the API.

The Apache Tcl group is pleased to welcome this addition to our group
of Tcl products for the web.  "It adds a new dimension to our current
offerings" stated David Welton, Apache Tcl coordinator, "Websh has
some great code that we are happy to see available as part of our
project."  "As heavy users of Apache software in virtually all of our
customer products, we're happy to contribute our Websh framework to
the Apache Tcl group" added Netcetera's Ronnie Brunner, responsible
for the integration of Websh into Tcl Apache.

About the Apache Software Foundation

The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational, legal, and
financial support for world-class, Open Source, Java, Perl, XML, Tcl,
and PHP projects, in addition to the world's most popular web
server. The membership driven, non-profit, Foundation exists to ensure
that the Apache projects continue to exist beyond the contributions of
individuals, to enable contributions of intellectual property and
financial support, and to provide a vehicle for limiting legal
exposure while participating in Open Source projects.

For more information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see

About the Apache Tcl group

The Apache Tcl group has worked actively under the Apache Software
Foundation umbrella since 1999, and currently includes the mod_dtcl,
NeoWebScript, mod_tcl, Apache Rivet, and Websh projects.

About Netcetera AG

Netcetera AG is an established software development company located in
Zurich, Switzerland.  Based on the competencies of its engineering
staff (70+) in the areas of application development, software
integration and security, it rates among the top technology-providers
in Switzerland.  The relevant showcases of Netcetera's successful
track record are dominated by numerous international corporations in
the financial sector.

For more information on Netcetera AG, please visit http://netcetera.ch

     Sally Khudairi
     Apache Software Foundation