ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Jimisola Laursen <>
Subject InitParameters are not set (XMLRPC-116)
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:10:22 GMT

I believe that you inserted a bug when you slightly refactored/changed my
patch for XMLRPC-116.

In handleInitParameters you call ReflectionUtil.setProperty(server, name,
value) where server is an XmlRpcServletServer . This class does not have any
setters for init parameters such as "enabledForExtensions" or
"contentLengthOptional", so reflection fails. I believe that methods on
XmlRpcServerConfig are reflection should be used on (this is what I did in
my patch) and therefore

ReflectionUtil.setProperty(server, name, value)

should change to

ReflectionUtil.setProperty(server.getConfig(), name, value).

Right? If so, would you mind fixing it and provide a new SNAPSHOT. It breaks
the whole SNAPSHOT more or less.

The reason why I found this I got a XmlRpcException ("No such handler:
com.example.setX"). Appearently, void methods  aren't compliant with
standard XML-RPC and since "enableForExtensions" was not set to true
"voidMethodEnabled" was not set to true (see XmlRpcServlet:180

Sent from the Apache Xml-RPC - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message