ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Tornau <tor...@orbiteam.de>
Subject Problems with Date objects and timezones with XML RPC 2.0.1
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:02:36 GMT
Hallo,

I got a problem with the XML-RPC implementation 2.0.1. I want to
transport dates by the XML-RPC interface. All dates are correctly
transfered in UTC time on the internet. Now I try to set the timezone of
the XML-RPC to UTC time with setTimeZone for the client class.
Unfortunately the setting is ignored. All dates are given back in my
local timezone which is CET . Is this a bug in the XML-RPC API?

Simple workaround for me would be to add one hour on each date I
transfer by the XML-RPC api. But this is not a solution for me because
my program will run in different time zones and date conversion must be
correct.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christoph Tornau