ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Base64 Class Optimizations
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:43:58 GMT
In 2.0 we will be moving to the Jakarta Commons Codec implementation of
Base64, and have already been working with them to converge our
codebases.  Please correspond with them on changes to Base64.  URL:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Thanks for considering sending your changes upstream!

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Lawrence Meader wrote:

>In the process of developing a project, I took the existing Base64 class and optimized
it for our purposes (Some of the byte arrays we're using have lengths exceeding 70 million
elements).  Additionally, the code looks for white space on the fly, instead of sending it
to a separate method inside of the Base64 class.

>I'm curious as to how can I submit this back for consideration for inclusion in the XML-RPC?
It would be nice to give a little something back :)