ws-xmlrpc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Rules for build system changes
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:08:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am getting close to a presentable version of my Commons HttpClient
transport.  It is time to start planning the changes to build.xml.

My local copy just has the new dependency
(commons-httpclient-2.0-alpha2.jar) loading from my build.properties
similarly to how jsse.jar and friends are included.  It also assumes
availability of the HttpClient classes at runtime.

Should I provide a separate build target for this transport, thereby
allowing you all to continue building and testing without the Commons
HttpClient classes?

Also, this change will have the same dilemma we are seeing with Base64
moving to Codec: How much should we shield our users from runtime
dependencies?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks